Senior Payroll Specialist
General Description: The Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible for assisting in processing payroll for a rapidly growing organization. Working with a seasoned payroll team to support regular payroll activities.
- Ensure that payrolls are processed timely and consistently based on payroll procedures.
- Assists in the various activities of processing bi-weekly payroll for group of 1500+ employees.
- Assist employees, managers and HR with questions and issues regarding pay discrepancies, pay practices, process and procedures as well as payroll related benefit questions.
- Create and review reports each week to ensure the accuracy of the information.
- Process salary continuation payments, commissions, other earnings and deductions based on company policies.
- Run reports to ensure to ensure that all employees are paid accurately this will include custom reports
- Request stop payments/direct deposit reversals, as necessary.
- Create manual checks when required based on state, local and federal tax regulations.
- Process employee garnishments and court orders, including responding to any inquiries and questionnaires regarding the order.
- Verify payroll output. Document and file all appropriate back-up materials.
- Comply with Sarbanes Oxley Practices and is able to provide documentation on all items entered when requested.
- Conducts research of complex issues and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Make recommendation to Payroll Supervisor and Manager for process improvements as necessary.
- Additional responsibility will include one or more of these special areas of focus; tax, garnishment, UTM and reconciliation.
- Assist Payroll Supervisor with mentoring of other payroll team members as needed.
Personal and Organizational Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and situation with discretion.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595