Personal Risk Specialist
General Description: The Personal Risk Specialist is an outside sales position focused on serving the unique insurance needs of affluent/high net worth clients. In addition to cross selling, as a primary focus for business development, this role is also expected to establish additional sources of clients.
- Schedule appointments and visit with high net worth individuals to understand the lifestyle, concerns and unique insurance needs of high net worth individuals, with the ability to provide consultative advice to tailor personal risk management solutions accordingly.
- Achieve new business sales goals on an annualized basis based on our target market.
- In order to achieve the necessary revenue goals, the employee will be required to develop lists of prospective centers of influence and lead sources with clients that fall in the target group for the USI One Advantage.
- Successfully penetrate assigned prospect targets utilizing the Engagement Platform process with prospective business partners such as lawyers, financial services professionals, realtors and other professionals that serve the affluent segment of the market.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and overcome sales obstacles on a prospect-specific basis.
- Successfully develop and deploy sales and marketing strategies along with periodic communications to optimize USI's position in the marketplace.
- The Personal Risk Specialist will be required to meet with external centers of influence to prospect, engage and ultimately serve as a value added service that is provided to the clients of the center of influence.
- Build strong working relationships and win confidence of Commercial Lines and Employee Benefits production staff.
- Establish relationship as a trusted partner and advisor to clients and prospects.
- Develop and support cross-selling strategies for existing clients, as well as new relationships.
- Participate and, as necessary, lead meetings with existing and prospective clients.
- Manage employee and prospect data, including development of prospect lists from business clients, maintaining activity records in USI CRM and sales tracking programs.
- Develop and oversee preparation of proposals for Personal Risk Management clients and prospects, research and assist in writing responses to clients and present individual personalized insurance programs to prospective clients.
- Flexibility in schedule --requires some evening hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in High Net Worth or personal insurance sales or service.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Must have personal lines insurance industry experience.
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time and meet with clients.
- Good team work skills with an ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented and organized individual that is driven to achieve individual sales goals.
- Good customer service skills that can be applied to the sales process.
- Strong knowledge of carriers and personal insurance market place.
- Understand and commit to mutual objectives of the Personal Insurance Practice and Regional Office.
- College degree preferred but high school diploma or graduate equivalent degree required.
- Active property-casualty license required (or must be obtained within 60 days of hire).
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595