Financial Systems Intern
The Financial Systems Intern is responsible for the maintenance and support of USI's Financial Systems including SAP ERP, SAP BPC and SAP BW. This role will also be responsible for the support and maintenance of other in-house developed tools that have been developed in Excel utilizing Visual Basic.
- Utilize Excel and Visual Basic skills to troubleshoot current tools and develop new ones.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Support SAP BPC budgeting and forecasting system.
- Manage reporting hierarchy and structure for SAP and BPC and maintain systems and reports for updates or changes in structure.
- Provide a month end financial validation on SAP system data to ensure that trial balance is in balance and all systems fails have been corrected. Ensure that this process is documented.
- Assist in integration of acquisitions to USI systems and processes, including on-site training, for new employees.
- Assist with implementation of new SAP modules.
- Improve systems and processes by studying current practices; and providing ideas for process improvements and system enhancements.
- Assist with user access administration and periodic audit and review of rights to ensure compliance with segregation of duties issues.
- Ensure system feeds are timely, accurate and well controlled.
- Manages project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Provide technical guidance and training on SAP software to end users.
- Assist in the review, analysis, and implementation of new reports or system changes as required by new authoritative accounting guidance.
Key Skills Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency. Ability to use various other financial accounting software packages
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot system and user issues
- Experience using Visual Basic to modify and support Excel Macros
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to interact with Information Technology Department and system consultants on technical system issues
- Enrolled in a BS/BA degree Program in IT, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Exceptionally strong analytic ability and work-ethic.
- Flexible, energetic, "hands on" self-starter with the desire to grow and learn.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Ability to follow direction and desire to learn.
- Minimum of 15 hours per week and full time during school breaks