Commercial Lines Sr. Account Manager
General Description: Responsible for independently and proactively managing client accounts. Activities include, but not limited to new and renewal marketing, handling client questions and requests, and coverage review. Responsibilities may include aiding Sales Executives and Account Executives, if applicable. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Maintain 92% retention of Client Accounts.
- Provide advanced technical expertise (in depth knowledge of insurance coverages and products, staying abreast on industry updates and changes) to Sales Executive/Account Executive(s); specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations during the sales process on new and renewal business.
- Provide advanced technical expertise(in depth knowledge of insurance coverage and products, staying abreast on industry updates and changes) with service of new and existing clients through cross-selling opportunities, account development, execution of client requests and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Capture, assist, design and manage the service platform
- Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Insurance. Occasional outside service visits, to the client, may be required.
- Expertise in understanding the USI ONE Advantage; Stewardship process; and deliverables identified via the USI Omni engine. Contribute information and ideas during strategy meetings. Execute on Omni deliverables and prepare Stewardship reports.
- Maintain renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage.
- Responsible for marketing submissions to carriers, including application preparation, loss analysis, and including other pertinent information for professional, quality new and renewal submissions. Submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotes and policies. Analyze and compare carrier quotes for proper coverages, terms and conditions. Make insurance program recommendations.
- Respond to underwriters questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to Commercial Lines Best Practices -- including written confirmation of new and renewal binding, evidence of coverage, changes to coverages and other related items.
- Prepare proposals and summaries of insurance, as needed.
- Adhere to company's credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations in accordance with company standards.
- Adhere to company Risk Management Program and quality control standards.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems. Adhere to Imageright workflows.
- Provide direction to clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitate prompt response from carrier.
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverages in coordination with Sales Executive/Account Executive(s).
- Other projects or duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting and rating concepts.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, CPCU or expected to further industry knowledge through courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products. Knowledge of Sagitta/ImageRight preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595