Cash Receipts Staff Accountant
General Description: The Corp AC Staff Accountant -- Cash Receipts is responsible for processing monies received by the agency and completing monthly reconciliations for the Corporate Accounting Center.
- Prepare and reconcile daily bank deposits for multiple divisions.
- Post client receipts to the sub-ledger.
- Post Company (commission) to appropriate suspense account and miscellaneous general ledger accounts.
- Print and post daily EFTs.
- Post Agency Bill and Company Bill Cash Receipts.
- Prepare daily cash, bi-monthly, and quarterly receipt report.
- Assist Operations and Account Receivables with resolving outstanding balances and client account reconciliations.
- Manage a regional email box for assigned region(s).
- File using electronic filing system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree or 2 years of accounting experience required; BA/BS a plus
- Knowledge of general accounting
- Insurance Industry Experience is a plus
- MS Office and Excel proficiency required
- Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency
- Organized self-starter that works well in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and retention of pertinent information
- Accurate and fast data entry
Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal noise and limited to no exposure to chemicals or toxins. Employees operate office equipment including; telephone - headset, computer, computer monitors, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner and mail machine. Physical tasks of job include; walking, sitting, standing, bending and fingering.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595