General Description: The Administrative Assistant performs administrative and office support activities to a department or managers below the executive level. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, coordinating site visits, ordering office supplies, and record keeping.
- Supports general business operations through the completion of administrative tasks such as preparation and editing of presentations, proposals and correspondence.
- Answers office phone and directs calls appropriately.
- Scanning duties may include certificates, account profiles, or mailings; scan P&C, Personal Lines and Employee Benefits material.
- Maintains knowledge of personnel to coordinate direction of visitors, calls, and mail appropriately.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail distribution for assigned location; ensures that mail, faxes, and other communications are delivered timely and accurately.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- May coordinate day-to-day facilities management issues; heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing and safety problems to building maintenance; monitors facility cleaning activities and refers any problems to onsite supervisor or manager.
- Ensures important office services information is communicated to staff and other appropriate internal and external contacts; ensures that communication channels are established and used so that important information is exchanged as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have experience with administrative and office management. Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of consumer service practices and principles.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Good communication skills and professional personal presentation.
- Organizing, planning, and customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize effectively.
- Should be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595