Employee Benefits Ancillary Analyst I
General Description: This position is responsible for analyzing information and creating financial and marketing deliverables for current clients with ancillary lines of coverage (Dental, Vision, Life AD&D, Disability and Worksite). Deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, and premium rate analysis and modeling. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Set priorities and manage analytical work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate creation of deliverables and other responsibilities.
- Responsible for the ancillary financial analytics for clients that are primarily under 500 lives.
- Helps to drive USI's Cornerstone carrier strategy and process
- Serve as primary contact with insurance carriers on new business quotes and renewals to include related activities such as: requesting quotes, evaluating options.
- Acts as an ancillary product knowledgeable resource to develop strategic plans and solutions for clients.
- Prepare standard analyses based on USI templates in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. Post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Analyses may include but are not limited to:
- Market review analysis
- Renewal rate and benefit illustrations
- Analysis of claims utilization with guidance from Team Lead or mentor
- Utilize analytical tools to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform technical analysis of group insurance contracts and financial arrangements.
- Participate in the peer review process both as a participant as well as a reviewer.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years' experience in Employee Benefits related field preferred. . High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be willing to work in one of the following offices:
- New England - Meriden, CT
- Northeast - New York City
- MidAtlantic - Hunt Valley MD
- Southeast - Tampa FL
- Southwest - Houston
- Mountain - Denver
- West - Seattle
Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal noise and limited to no exposure to chemicals or toxins. Employees operate office equipment including: telephone - headset, computer, computer monitors, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner and mail machine. Physical tasks of job include; walking, sitting, standing, and bending.
Analysis of Physical Demands:
- Constantly (over 66% of time) work performed requires employees to use repetitive hand motions such as typing, using a keyboard, and sitting at a desk.
- Frequently (34%-66% of time) work performed requires employees to handle and grasp things, walk on normal surfaces, stand and bend.
- Occasionally (1%-33% of time) work performed requires employees to drive to client appointments, have repetitive foot movements, walk on uneven or slippery surfaces to and from work and occasionally reach outward to grab things and bend.
If you are interested in learning more about exciting and rewarding career opportunities at USI please apply here or contact Amber Bell (Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant) directly at 914-749-8537 or email@example.com.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595