Employee Benefits Ancillary Marketing Analyst I/II
General Description: This position is responsible for analyzing information and creating financial and marketing deliverables for current clients with ancillary lines of coverage (Dental, Vision, Life AD&D, Disability and Worksite). Deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, and premium rate analysis and modeling. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Set priorities and manage analytical work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate creation of deliverables and other responsibilities.
- Prepare standard analyses based on USI templates in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. Post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Analyses may include but are not limited to:
- Market review analysis
- Renewal rate and benefit illustrations
- Analysis of claims utilization with guidance from Team Lead or mentor
- Drive USI's Cornerstone carrier strategy and process alongside ancillary team leader
- Serve as primary contact with insurance carriers on new business quotes and renewals to include related activities such as: requesting quotes, evaluating options, spreading results.
- Acts as an ancillary product knowledgeable resource to develop strategic plans and solutions for clients.
- Perform technical analysis of group insurance contracts and financial arrangements.
- Participate in the peer review process both as a participant as well as a reviewer.
- Collaborate with other team members to share best practices and processes.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-2 years' experience in Employee Benefits related field preferred, specifically with ancillary related insurance products (Dental, Vision, Life, Disability).
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595