EB Analytical Administrator
General Description: This position provides administrative support to the Employee Benefits Analytics team. This position supports the creation of financial deliverables for current and prospective clients. Financial deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, renewal projection and premium rate analysis and modeling. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Set priorities for analytical work, with guidance from Analytical Team Lead or mentor to ensure efficient, timely and accurate creation of deliverables and other responsibilities.
- Assist analysts in the preparation of standard analyses based on USI templates in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. Post-renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Analyses may include but are not limited to:
- Market review analysis
- Renewal rate and funding projections and modeling
- Illustrations of claims utilization
- Receive and obtain client data from carriers via email, downloading from online portals, and proactive requests. Save data in client files.
- Perform data entry tasks from various sources into excel templates and spreadsheets.
- Review and interpret group insurance contracts, quotes, and financial arrangements to enter data into templates and spreadsheets.
- Routinely adjust templates including mathematical formulas, graphs, and data tables.
- Receive client census data from internal and client sources. Review and revise census data files for final use by internal and external business partners. Includes identifying missing data, researching and correcting data discrepancies, collaborating with internal business partners to obtain data, performing analysis on data.
- Access data, extract reports, and update information in the agency management system.
- Participate in the peer review process as a participant. Receives assistance and guidance from Benefit Analyst Team mentors.
- Expected to become familiar with employee benefits topics including lines of coverage, benefits design, financial and rates, experience data, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, external client, and external carriers.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- As needed, provide general administrative assistance to the Employee Benefits Analytics team.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with some oversight and periodic instruction and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Set priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products along with Adobe products.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595