Junior Group Sales Representative, Ancillary
The Junior Group Sales Representative manages a book of brokers and their business as assigned by the Operations Manager. Much of the person's time will be spent supporting the broker-ERC relationship, training brokers and performing rate/renewal analysis. The Junior Group Sales Representative is encouraged to visit the top brokers on a regular schedule as directed by his or her manager.
- Consults similar to Group Sales Representative with emphasis on education and strategy
- Escalates issues with carriers for self and/or on behalf of Level 1 and 2 Broker Consultants
- Mentors internal staff for product and process
- Works with Brokers determined by value of business and level of difficulty
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers and vendors through frequent contact and meetings.
- Resolve day-to-day service issues for brokers and vendors.
- Provide follow-up communication and approvals for Brokers on plan changes and open enrollment issues.
- Work with Group Sales Representative, Broker Consultants and Brokers in quoting renewal alternatives and new business.
- Work with Group Sales Representative and vendors to negotiate rates, secure new business and maintain existing business.
- Process new business applications, and insure that cases are installed quickly and accurately by the vendor.
- Process all policy changes, endorsements and other requests of clients and brokers.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities for other lines of coverage
- Submit the appropriate notification to the commission department.
- Update client database on an ongoing basis, and create and maintain case files that include all critical client information based on implemented workflows.
- Communicate regularly with management and other staff members regarding all aspects of administration to ensure service excellence.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with brokers, vendors and internal staff.
- Strive to stay up-to-date with insurance regulations, carrier plan options, underwriting rules and other value added programs offered by ERC to the Brokers.
- Special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to creatively and proactively problem-solve.
- Ability to stay organized and focused in a busy environment.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with co-workers, brokers and carriers.
- Professional and dependable.
- Demonstrates cooperation and collaboration in a team setting.
- Three + years of experience working in a group health insurance setting preferable.
- Familiarity with products, services, competitive offerings, market needs and industry trends and claim procedures.
- Basic understanding of alternate funding arrangements including full and partially insured, minimum premium, self-insured, etc.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills; capable of using and interpreting benefit related facts and figures.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Accident & Health license is required or ability to obtain within three months from date of hire.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595