Employee Benefits Compliance Specialist
Working under the regional EB Counsel, the Compliance Specialist is responsible for communicating ongoing and changing laws affecting health and welfare plans, including ACA, ERISA, the Code, HIPAA, and COBRA. The compliance professional will help respond to day-to-day client and consultant inquiries, along with preparing compliance presentations and responding to RFP's.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal staff, clients and carriers
- Will function as part of a national team of compliance experts to meet the overall objectives for the health and welfare compliance team
- Research, read, evaluate and edit articles, alerts and other materials for publication or distribution to internal and external clients
- Gather materials, perform research, and assist client service team in the formulation of strategies to solve client problems related to ERISA, ACA, the Code, HIPAA and COBRA issues affecting health and welfare plans
- Develop and maintain compliance education tools for health and welfare compliance
- Create and deliver presentations to internal staff and to external clients and prospects
- Monitor and identify legal developments such as relevant statutes, regulations, case law and legal articles affecting employee benefit plans
- Maintain and update compliance library resources, including cross checking and validating that information is up-to date
- Respond to RFP requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College degree required and J.D. preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, and demonstrate cooperation and collaboration in team settings.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals and personalities.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing/conflicting client and internal deadlines with minimal support or supervision by regional EB Counsel.
- Able to quickly assess and learn organizational roles, responsibilities and process flows.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with internal clients, team members and vendors
- Prior experience in employee benefits law or experience in compliance consulting on these issues is desired.
- Must be proficient with computers and quickly competent with new technology tools. Specifically, must have full competence with MS Office Suite products and Adobe products.
- Experience with ERISA required, and preferred thorough understanding of of the various federal laws that impact health and welfare plans including ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and Internal Revenue Code
- Strong research and writing skills and experience with interpreting statutes and regulations.
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Must have strong interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Some travel required 20-30%.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595