The Accounting intern works with the general accounting team to support the day to day accounting functions and perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Work closely with the Manager Financial Reporting and Assistant Controller to analyze financial results and schedules to determine accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries and related support, and input entries into SAP general ledger system.
- Participate in the preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual external reports.
- Assist in preparation of support for quarterly reviews and annual audits of consolidated financial statements by external auditors.
- Assist with preparation and review of supplemental and contingent accruals.
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations between GLI and SAP.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations from FAS to SAP for fixed assets, and for goodwill and intangibles.
- Reconcile Accounting Center closing packages to SAP.
- Assist with the preparation of the corporate quarterly Closing Package.
- Prepare materials for quarterly earnings call package.
- Assist with review of corporate cash reconciliations.
- Assist with updating debt schedules for footnote preparation.
- Tie-out quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the reconciliation of external valuation reports for goodwill and acquisitions to underlying data.
- Perform special projects and duties as requested, including ad-hoc reports and analyses in support of Financial Reporting Manager, Assistant Corporate Controller and VP Controller.
Key Skills Required
- Enrolled in a BS/BA degree Program in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Exceptionally strong analytic ability and work-ethic.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong organizational skills, punctuality and attention to detail.
- Flexible, energetic, "hands on" self-starter with the desire to grow and learn.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Ability to follow direction and desire to learn.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects through completion.
- Minimum of 15 hours per week and full time during school breaks
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595