SCL Account Manager
General Description: Responsible for the retention of assigned client accounts. Responsible for managing client service needs. Activities include, but not limited to new and renewal marketing, handling client questions and requests, policy checking and coverage review. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Service a high volume of accounts independently (without producer involvement) utilizing carrier websites and online rating systems.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients through sales, account development, and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Respond to client requests for information, documents, and general insurance inquiries. Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Insurance. Occasional outside service visits, to the client, may be required.
- Maintain renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage. Identify policies requiring renewal attention -- contact client for updated information.
- Prepare applications and required information for new and renewal submissions. Submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotes and policies.
- Respond to underwriters questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Orders and/or issues binders, certificates, endorsements, policies and other related items; verify their accuracy and deliver to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Prepare proposals and summaries of insurance, as needed.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication to all in accordance with company workflows, procedures and best practices. Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems. Adhere to Imageright workflows.
- Refer clients to carriers for direct reporting of claims. Submit first reports of claims (when necessary -- for specialty markets, wholesalers, etc , facilitate prompt response from carrier.
- Work within the USI Small Business initiatives included, but not limited to, placing business in and utilizing carrier service centers, consolidation of wholesaler business, utilize direct bill and download where ever possible.
- Other projects or duties, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-5 years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with a thorough understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting and rating concepts.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, CPCU or expected to further industry knowledge through courses.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products. Knowledge of Sagitta/ImageRight preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595