General Description: Responsible to support USI employees and their families in navigating their USI employee benefits. Benefits Representatives are responsible to maintain the integrity of the benefits program, including answering questions, researching and resolving issues, interfacing with carrier and vendor partners.
- Provide daily ongoing support to internal client groups on all benefits programs by answering questions -- proactively and reactively -- for employees and HR community on all USI benefits.
- Make recommendations to Benefits Manager and Director of Benefits on behalf of employees as necessary.
- Research complex benefit questions with carrier partners where necessary and follow issues through to conclusion. Maintain regular, pro-active communication with employee clients.
- Develop a personal benefits "specialty" within the greater BSC team and act as the key resource on that subject (i.e., disability, wellness, healthcare reform, USI employee programs).
- Develop and deliver regular informational presentations to employees groups (new hires, acquires, wellness participants, etc).
- Seek to develop and improve USI employee benefits through research and recommendation of new programs and offerings (i.e., new employee discount opportunities, new wellness challenges and partnerships, etc.)
- Provide direction to employees in enrolling in ADP OBA system, either at New Hire or upon a life status event change. Online enrollments in Group Benefits database and carrier portals, COBRA, terminations, life status event changes, beneficiary management, disability, accident and death claims, 401(k) forms, transportation benefits, HSA account maintenance, etc.
- Support employee health and welfare program initiatives, including communications, promotions, record maintenance and incentive recordkeeping.
- Develop and maintain benefits-related communications including materials for new hires, acquires, regular updates for USI Informs employee newsletter.
- Work with HR colleagues on open enrollment communications & follow up, and ensure that benefits system clean up and follow up occurs after open enrollment ends
- Maintain intranet with all current Benefits related information
- Maintain files and ensure that hard and soft copy records/files are kept accurately and efficiently.
- Responsible for monthly billing processes and benefit account reconciliations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS Degree, in Business Admin or HR Management preferred
- Two to three years Human Resources experience required; benefits experience preferred.
- Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of employee benefit concepts, design and governing regulations. Ability to apply this specialized knowledge to individual situations.
- Strong work ethic
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client service skills and respect for confidential participant information
- Experience/understanding and appreciation of broader Human Resources issues
- Ability to work independently, yet communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Detail-focused and committed to maintaining the integrity of the USI benefits program.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with internal clients, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595