Account Executive - Commercial Lines
General Description: Primary account responsibility for retaining significant book of business. Responsible for managing client service needs. Activities include, but not limited to new and renewal marketing and handling client questions and requests. Responsibilities include aiding Sales Executives. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Manage or direct client accounts/relationships to ensure retention and growth of book of business.
- Provide technical support to Sales Executives, specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Provide technical expertise in coordinating the inside service of new and existing clients through sales, account development, and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and Standards.
- Expertise in understanding USI ONE Advantage; Stewardship process; and deliverables identified via the USI Omni engine. Contribute information and ideas during strategy meetings.
- Manage or directs account marketing, generally utilizing established markets but may be responsible for market development.
- Research market trends, develops strategies and negotiates favorable arrangement and relationships.
- Manages or directs the development of submissions as well as proposals.
- Market, place and review of new and renewal insurance programs, including proposal preparation and presentation.
- Respond to client requests for information, documents, and general insurance inquiries. Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty Insurance. Frequent, outside service visits, to the client, are required.
- Respond to underwriters questions in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently; responsible for proper documentation of files and proper communication to all in accordance with company workflows, procedures and best practices. Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
- Initiate, analyze and prepare exposures and deficiencies.
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverage's in coordination with Sales Executives.
- Generate Client Service Plan and coordinate with team to meet assigned deadlines
- Lead team on preparation and presentation of Stewardship report
- Follow Stewardship Account protocol and engage USI resources when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting and rating concepts.
- High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, CPCU.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products. Knowledge of Sagitta/ImageRight preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595