EB Analyst II
This position is responsible for analyzing information and creating financial deliverables for current and prospective smaller fully-insured clients with less complex benefit programs. Financial deliverables include financial and contractual analysis, claims utilization analysis and modeling, renewal projection and premium rate analysis and modeling. Required to perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best Practices developed by USI.
- Set priorities and manage analytical work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate creation of deliverables and other responsibilities.
- Responsible for the financial analytics for clients that are primarily fully insured. Some clients may be level funded. Typical client size is 100 to 250 lives.
- Prepare standard analyses, based on USI templates with minimal customization, in accordance with client service calendar financial meetings (e.g. post renewal, mid-year, pre-renewal, renewal). Analyses may include but are not limited to:
- Market review analysis
- Renewal rate and funding projections and modeling
- Analysis of claims utilization
- Rate and Contribution analysis
- Utilize standard analytical tools, checklists and templates to develop alternative strategies, plan modeling and cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform technical analysis of group insurance contracts and financial arrangements.
- Serve as primary contact with insurance carriers for marketing coverage for new business quotes and renewals, including requesting quotes, evaluating and spreading options, conducting fact-based negotiation of rates and benefit features.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Independently review for understanding carrier renewal rating illustrations.
- Independently analyze experience utilization data for financial performance conclusions.
- Independently write client facing Executive Summaries that provides observations and findings. Suggest recommendations and next steps for review by Analytical Team Lead, mentor, producer, or account manager.
- Prepare carrier and client written correspondence such as carrier renewal confirmation letters and client renewal letters.
- Participate in the peer review process, primarily as the reviewed party. May also have opportunity to act as a reviewer for Level I analysts' work. Receives assistance and guidance from Benefit Analyst Team mentors.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with some oversight and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Set priorities and manage work flow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- 1+ years experience in Employee Benefits related field. High School Graduate. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must hold state Life & Disability insurance license or willing to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting and evaluating formulas and working within templates. Must be proficient in Excel, Word and other MS Office products products.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595