Claims Consultant - Marine
General Description: Assist in claim administration functions for clients of the business.
- Basic knowledge of claims function and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers and adjusters.
- Basic understanding of at least one line of coverage relative to claims management, strategies, resolution techniques and coverage forms.
- Basic technical/administrative capability to report basic claims and use basic features of carrier/TPA claim management systems.
- Participates in claim advocacy and negotiation, including claim denial review, reservation of rights review, and claim reporting.
- Assists in analyzing claims based on a best practice outline and partners with members of the technical resource team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must have a capacity for analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Entry-level negotiation skills required.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year of claims administration experience.
- College degree preferred but high school diploma or graduate equivalent degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595