Financial Systems Analyst
The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of USI SAP Business Objects Planning and Consolidation Software, which will be used in both Financial and Management Reporting. Analyst will serve as a resource to the business users and will incorporate all internal and external data into the software so as to allow the end users to gain better insight into their business.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assist with managing relationships with financial analysts to better support and enhance their interactions with financial systems, including analysis of user concerns and formal communication of system outages and issues to all users.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Assist with the management and Support SAP BPC budgeting and forecasting system.
- Assist with management of reporting hierarchy and structure for SAP and BPC and maintain systems and reports for updates or changes in structure.
- Provide a month end financial validation on SAP system data to ensure that trial balance is in balance and all systems fails have been corrected. Ensure that this process is documented.
- Assist with the maintenance interfaces to SAP from source systems and related troubleshooting.
- Oversee and verify system interface controls and compile documentation that demonstrates that the system interfaces are effectively working for Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist in integration of acquisitions to USI systems and processes, including on-site training, for new employees.
- Assist with implementation of new SAP modules.
- Improve systems and processes by studying current practices; and providing ideas for process improvements and system enhancements.
- Assist with user access administration and periodic audit and review of rights to ensure compliance with segregation of duties issues.
- Maintain user required fields such as project codes and WBS elements.
- Review processes and provide recommendations for improved and more automated processes complete with documentation.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Act as a liaison between business groups and IT.
- Provide guidance and training on SAP software to end users.
- Assist in the review, analysis, and implementation of new reports or system changes as required by new authoritative accounting guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency. Ability to use various other financial accounting software packages
- Proficient in either SAP ECC 6.0, SAP NetWeaver or SAP Business Planning and Consolidation preferred
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot system and user issues
- Experience using Visual Basic to modify and support Excel Macros
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL
- Highly motivated and quick learner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments
- Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to interact with Information Technology Department and system consultants on technical system/network specific issues
- BS degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Science; Information Science/Studies; Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in financial systems
- Occasional travel required to other USI offices
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595