Regional Human Resources Officer (RHRO)
General Description: The Chief Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing leadership in developing and executing human resource strategies in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of strategic recruiting, employee relations, employee communications, training and development, performance management and acquisitions.
- Develops and implements a strategic staffing plan for both production and non-production positions that supports the business goals.
- Utilize resources to ensure the recruitment of high quality talent consistent with the desired company culture.
- Minimize need for external recruiters and consultants and reduce time-to-fill.
- Support Corporate-wide staffing initiatives-champions the full utilization of people across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with company equal opportunity policy.
- Ensures HR processes and programs enhance and support customer initiatives.
- Provide proactive employee relations guidance to resolve people issues and ensure the organization's compliance. Provide counsel and assistance with terminations.
- Implement company programs and policies that allow USI to attract and retain employees and drive high productivity and morale.
- Keep abreast of local and state legislation affecting HR practices and procedures, train management and monitor company policies accordingly to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate benefit, compensation and reward & recognition programs.
- Assists on other special projects as necessary.
- Support company's HR communication efforts in all areas throughout the region.
- Provide communication assistance to managers and executives to maximize employee understanding of company business goals, projects and policies.
- Set the standard for content of employee communication material including their distribution and timeliness.
Training and Development
- "Operationalizes" performance management and feedback tools that support business strategies and values.
- Facilitates succession planning process at Region and Op Co level including:
- Overseeing individual development plans for entire Region with a key focus on the leadership group.
- Identifies "rising stars" and ensures gap planning is sufficient.
- Fosters intra region and internal company transfers to support development action plans.
- Work with managers and employees in monitoring the progression of employee through the organization, providing career counseling and development planning when appropriate.
- Identifies regional training and development requirements by conducting needs analysis on organization results, job requirements, operational problems, company plans and forecasts, and current training problems.
- Provide leadership, orientation, new manager, and sexual harassment awareness training.
- Manage processes to ensure that performance and pay/reward/recognition programs are appropriately linked.
- Drive performance management for region.
- Facilitate goal setting and performance management expectations.
- Ensure common review date for all evaluations is in compliance with company standards and that these assessments and subsequent rankings differentiate performance.
- Continue to "raise the bar" on performance standards.
- Actively manage, coach and act on under performers.
- Act as Region HR lead on mergers and acquisitions, serving as, or assisting respective field generalist with due diligence, serving on teams/committees, aiding in decision making, communications, etc.
- Work with appropriate generalist and unit leadership to ensure consistent employee communications, smooth integration and transition for affected employees.
- Spearhead the assimilation of newly acquired executives.
- Conduct talent assessment of newly acquired organizations.
Personal and Organizational Skills:
- Displays and embodies team orientation, ability to develop, maintain and utilize relationships at all levels. Can work effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve common goals.
- Successful track record in managing and motivating a staff.
- Superior interpersonal, leadership, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, manages a project to completion, achieving the desired results in a cost efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using sound judgment that is consistent with business standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Familiarity with a variety of Training "best practice" concepts, procedures and their implementation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years as Human Resources Professional, 3+ years of experience in a management role preferred.
- BA in HR/Business Administration or related field required. MBA preferred.
- Experience in the insurance/financial services industry required. Insurance brokerage experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the principles of Human Resources management.
- Basic core competencies in Employee Relations, Leadership Development and Recruitment.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595