Personal Lines - Regional Manager
General Description: Responsible to provide leadership by managing growth and client retention for all Personal Insurance in the region. Includes day to day management of High Net Worth as well as internal service center operations. Ensure consistent standards of sales, service and professionalism as defined by USI's Best Practices, Core Values and Risk Management Quality Control standards.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Regional Leadership and Relationship Management:
- Responsible for communicating the Personal Risk Division's vision, projects and priorities with Regional Leaders (RCEOs, RCOO) and USI internal clients (EB/PC Producers and Leaders).
- Promote Personal Risk client management services and deliverables to internal clients (EB/PC Producers and Leaders) by holding and attending leader meetings
- Assist in managing carrier relationships through planning annual strategies, developing marketing campaigns, monitoring book and carrier consolidation, and providing assistance in the event of client complaints.
- Work with Personal Risk Practice Leaders to ensure coordination of sales and service support, assignment of service team based client exposures and segmentation
- Maintain strong internal and external client relationships within the region by attending client renewal review meetings and new client onboarding of Premier Tier 2 & 3 clientele as needed
- Meet with various venders.
- Supervise and manage department personnel by assisting with client issues, providing back-up assistance for clients, monitoring behavior and absenteeism, implementing training when needed, hiring new staff when needed, and holding department meetings.
- Assistance with teams and/or offices undergoing significant operational changes including acquisitions and staffing challenges
Implement and Monitor Operations Service Standards:
- Lead ongoing transition to Premier and Preferred best practice service models in region including standard deliverables, client segmentation and development of staff members.
- Maintain department margins.
- Monitor monthly renewal, new business and lost business reports for the Personal Lines president.
- Monitor and resolve potential E&O issues.
- Oversee new business production through team leaders and personal risk manager's accomplishments and support opportunities to produce new business through account rounding, up-selling and referrals.
- Develop, execute, and monitor process and procedures for department and client contact materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years experience in personal insurance. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be licensed as an insurance agent and must be willing to meet agency and state continuing education requirements.
- Effective leadership, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to direct and monitor the activities of others. Previous managerial experience is needed.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Sagitta is not required, but is preferred.
- Ability to handle difficult behavior or conflict and bring to a timely resolution.
- Ability to creatively and proactively problem-solve.
- Good working knowledge of personal insurance, rating, and underwriting guidelines.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and keep workload current.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595