Regional Casualty Analyst
Highly technical casualty specialist who assists account placement and service. Assist colleagues on complex matters such as comparative policy wording analysis, loss responsive programs, captive feasibility, collateral negotiations and benchmarking program cost components. Utilize USI software to perform analytical functions.
- P&C Technical -- review insurance programs (coverage, limits, deductibles, retentions, classifications, et al), recommend improvements, analyze data, and negotiate policy terms and conditions.
- Contract Liability -- Understands contractual risk transfer, hold harmless and indemnification provisions, and anti-indemnification statutes. Able to create insurance requirements for various counter-parties.
- Sales Assist -- assist producers with Omni Solutions (Close & Keep), capable of writing proposals and able to participate in any stage of client presentations with producers and other P&C team members.
- Carrier Relations -- build and maintain strong relationships with insurance companies such that the company gains an advantage over other competitors in the market.
- National Team -- participate with other National Technical team members in building, refining, training and implementing value differentiators for our P&C practice.
- Culture & Staff Development -- Ensure that organizational decisions support company values. Build trust by acting as a role model for integrity, respect and professionalism. Direct employee training and personal development to improve effectiveness.
- Hiring -- Participate in the interview process, providing clearing evaluations of candidates
- Professional Services -- Work with internal partners and external customers to create improved products and services.
- Policies and Procedures -- Comply with USI's Operating, Financial and Human Resources policies and procedures. Ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- External Relations -- Promote and enhance the overall reputation of USI with carriers and prospects.
Key Skill Requirements
- Negotiates Skillfully -- Uses persuasion in tough situations, wins concessions without damaging relationships.
- Business acumen -- Understands the business issues faced within our verticals
- Financial Agility -- Turns data into information quickly, intuitive sense for numbers.
Knowledge, Skills, qualities and Abilities:
- Ability to compose clear, concise, grammatically correct letters.
- Ability to generate your own correspondence with the use of agency automation software.
- A professional phone manner.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and process workflow in a timely manner.
- A valid state insurance License must be maintained.
- Strong knowledge of property/casualty underwriting, coverage's and conditions.
- Three years plus of insurance underwriting/ technical experience in the segment, i.e. commercial lines property, commercial lines casualty.
- Willingness to commit to a continuing education program and maintain a professional designation (CISR, CIC, CPCU, ARM, etc.)
- Obtain of the agency automation system (Sagitta) as well as third party word processing, spread sheet and presentation systems (Microsoft Excel and Word).
- A bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595