Sr. Account Manager - Employee Benefits
This position serves as the primary service contact for complex clients and is responsible for client satisfaction. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and leadership to accounts, as well as represent client need and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
- Individual would manage a complex book of business comprised of clients who are located both locally and nationally and are comprised of various funding methods, advanced contract features and structure that requires a higher level of experience and technical expertise.
- Responsible for acting as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
- Ability to lead client meetings regarding renewal and utilization results in the absence of the Account Executive and/or Producer.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions with the client by incorporating the company's culture, mission and future staffing needs into our recommended strategic solutions.
- Expected to attend client meetings on site at their location(s). On occasion overnight travel may be required.
- As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to agendas, reports, calendars, etc.
- Expected to have regular client contact as established by the client service calendar and renewal timeline. Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and in person.
- Educate, advise and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer renewals including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues. When the Benefit Resource Center is not engaged, support with escalated claim issues is also expected.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Provide leadership to the team that promotes teamwork by sharing experiences, assisting others when help is needed and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to work on additional projects that supports the overall development and advancement of the Employee Benefits team.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in employee benefits industry or related marketplace.
- 4 year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must obtain it within 4 months following date of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Windows2007, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow independently to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Able to assist and mentor fellow Associates as needed.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Ability to participate and support the development of fellow service team members as needed.
- Strong ability to problem solve, make independent decisions with minimal oversight, set and meet deadlines, communicate, negotiate, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Keep informed and further industry education, new product knowledge, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance with the ability to articulate and educate those around them.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to create and conduct trainings for internal Associates on various topics as needed.
- Good at attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
Interested in hearing about other USI Career Opportunities?Join Our Talent Network
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
100 Summit Lake Drive, Suite 400, Valhalla, NY 10595